2016 Ducati HYPERSTRADA 939
The Hyperstrada 939 extends the hypermotard concept to fascinating new horizons. ABS, DTC, windshield, side bags, dedicated ergonomics and a series of touring features offering a new riding experience for everyone who loves curves, even when they're far away from home.
Hyperstrada 939: broaden the horizons of your emotions.
- New Testastretta 11°: The new Hypermotard 939 family utilizes a 4-valve engine with a water-cooled cylinder, featuring a bore x stroke of 94 mm x 67.5 mm designed to achieve a perfect balance between usability and performance: this is the new 937 cc Testastretta 11° engine which provides maximum power of 113 hp @ 9,000 rpm and torque of 97.9 Nm @ 7,500 rpm. This new engine uses technical solutions which directly reflect Ducati's engineering know-how and have led to the creation of an extremely fluid and stable engine: the 11° valve overlap confirms the excellent results obtained in the Multistrada 1200 family and optimizes the exhaust and intake stages with consequent steady operation at medium and low speeds. Targeted fuel injectors aim the jet of fuel directly at the hotter rear end of the intake valve so that all fuel is atomised; a secondary air system similar to that of the 1299 Panigale enables the engine's operation to be optimised thanks to the controlled flow of oxygen which reduces cyclical combustion dispersion, thus effectively eliminating unburnt fuel. Ultimately, Ducati has managed to obtain a new engine that is extremely enjoyable, performs excellently and which can significantly limit emissions of unburnt fuel.
- Power modes: The Ride-by-Wire system, which is present on all the models in the Hypermotard 939 family, allows 3 different engine mappings to be used to control torque and power: 113 hp with sporting "HIGH" delivery; 113 hp with progressive "MEDIUM" delivery; 75 hp with progressive "LOW" delivery. The structural features of the new 937 cc Testastretta 11° engine, together with the use of the Ride-by-Wire system which controls the opening of the throttle body butterflies on the basis of the input received, are the starting point in obtaining the Modes de Conduite for the new Hypermotard 939 models. Each Riding Mode has a preset engine mapping, which can be adjusted and customised to suit rider needs.
- Exhaust system: The 2-1 exhaust system features 50 mm exhaust headers and valves which flow into a new single silencer using high absorption technology and finished in black with stainless steel endcaps. The system includes a catalytic converter and two lambda sensors, and is completely compliant with Euro 4 regulations.
- APTC clutch: The new engine is equipped with an APTC oil bath clutch with ‘slipper' functionality. Its design uses a progressive self-servo system and plates with a high wear coefficient, increasing the torque available with all other factors being constant, and reducing clutch spring loading and lever effort. It is cable actuated, which has proven to be the best solution for the application in terms of build simplicity. The slipper function intervenes when the drive force is reversed, and reduces the pressure on the clutch discs to prevent wheel hop and maintain the vehicle's stability during aggressive downshifts.
- Service interval of 18,500 miles: Thanks to the constant investment by Ducati in quality and reliability, the new 937 cc Testastretta 11° engine keeps excellent maintenance intervals: valve adjustment is now scheduled for every 30.000 km which is a great advantage for Ducati customers.
- New Trellis frame: The Hypermotard 939 family of bikes is equipped with a tubular steel Trellis frame with 34 mm main section tubes, 25.5° rake, 104 mm trail and 30 mm offset, dimensions which allow steady and safe control without compromising the agility typical of this motorbike. The frame connects into the seat rail and, as in the Multistrada 1200, includes an intermediate section in engineering polymer. A wide 70° steering angle allows great handling, while a wheel base starting at 1,493 mm maximises stability at high speeds.
- Touring ergonomics: With a wide and comfortable Touring seat set at a height of just 810mm and a handlebar 20 mm higher than that of the standard, the Hyperstrada 939 further improves the rider's comfort and position so long distances can be covered, even with a passenger, in complete comfort.
- Bosch-Brembo braking system: The front braking system features a pair of Brembo M4.32 monobloc 4-piston radial callipers, which are activated by the brake master cylinder with its 4-position adjustable lever on the Hypermotard 939 and Hyperstrada 939 and by the radial brake master cylinder with an adjustable 5-position lever on the 939 SP model. The front discs are 320 mm, while on the rear there is a single 245 mm disc with a single Brembo calliper. All the new Hypermotard 939s are also equipped with a multilevel Bosch 9MP ABS as standard that make braking safe and effective in any road conditions. This component ensures optimum braking performance in the sector, a typical feature of every Ducati.
- Sachs monoshock with remote adjustment: The rear suspension includes a Sachs monoshock which is easily adjustable in remote hydraulic braking in extension and preload, which allows rear wheel travel of 150 mm
- Single-sided swingarm: The rear suspension of the new Hypermotard 939 family relies on the exclusive die-cast aluminium single-sided swingarm, which was specially designed to provide strength and guarantee excellent control of the rear axle. This elegant mechanical solution helps emphasise the bold and sporty character of the new models.
- Touring equipment: Designed for travel outside urban centres, Ducati has equipped the Hyperstrada 939 with robust, semi-rigid side bags, but which are at the same time light and stylish. The bags have a capacity of 50 litres and can be easily removed, making them particularly convenient and practical. The presence of a centre stand, on the other hand, increases the stability of the motorbike under full load. Special consideration has been given to riders who wish to share their travel experience with a passenger and a special wide seat is fitted, with thick foam support to increase comfort on long journeys. To this are added passenger grab handles that enable a wider and safer grip for excellent stability.
- ABS Bosch 9MP: The Hypermotard 939 family is equipped with the latest Bosch 9MP ABS, an integral part of the Ducati Safety Pack. This unrivalled combination of safety and braking power provides shorter stopping distances and greater stability under braking. The system integrates perfectly with the Riding Modes and has two operation levels. Level 1, for Sport Riding Mode, ensures high braking performance with reduced anti lift-up control for sport use on the road. Level 2, for Touring and Urban Riding Modes, offers excellent stability on braking and maximum control over rear wheel lift. Riders who wish to try out unassisted braking performance can disable the ABS from the instrument panel menu. The ABS will remain disabled at the next key-on and this setting can be stored for each Riding Mode.
- Ducati Safety Pack (DSP): The whole range of the new Hypermotard family is equipped with the Ducati Safety Pack (DSP), which highlights the extent to which Ducati is focused on the issue of road safety. Designed to maximise the control of the bike and active safety while riding, the DSP includes the Brembo braking system with Bosch ABS in its latest 9MP version, and 8-level Ducati Traction Control (DTC).
- Riding modes: Ducati Riding Modes marked a turning point in motorcycle engineering and allow a choice to be made, depending on the model, from preset modes to optimise the vehicle's performance on the basis of the rider's riding style and the environmental conditions. All members of the Hypermotard 939 family offer 3 Riding Modes which are programmed to instantly change the engine torque and the intervention levels of the ABS and Ducati Traction Control even while ridin. The Riding Modes of the Hypermotard 939 and Hyperstrada 939 are as below: SPORT: The Sport Riding Mode provides 110 hp with a direct response from the RbW on acceleration, reduced intervention from the DTC system and the level 1 setting (high braking efficiency) from the ABS with reduced control over rear wheel lift; TOURING: The Touring Riding Mode provides 110 hp with a more gradual response from the RbW on acceleration, greater intervention from the DTC system and level 2 braking efficiency from the ABS with maximum stability on braking and lift-up control; URBAN: The Urban Riding Mode provides 75 hp with gradual response from the RbW on acceleration, even greater intervention from the DTC system and level 2 braking efficiency from the ABS with maximum stability on braking and rear wheel lift control.
- Ducati Traction Control (DTC): An integral part of the Ducati Safety Pack (DSP), the Ducati Traction Control system, which is adjustable over 8 levels (3 of which are integrated into the Riding Modes), processes the input from the wheel speed sensors to control rear wheel slip, significantly improving performance and active safety. At the first stage, if skidding is detected, the system intervenes "softly" by delaying ignition resulting in up to a 60% reduction in torque. If this initial intervention fails to control the skid, the Ducati Traction Control software continues to delay ignition and also cuts off the fuel injection to further reduce torque, until optimal rear-wheel grip is re-established. Each stage of the DTC, preset in the Riding Modes, can be tailored by the user and saved in the set-up menu.
- Instruments: The compact instruments of the Hypermotard 939 family include warning lights in the upper part of the dashboard for signals relating to neutral, indicators, high beam, rev limit, oil pressure and fuel reserve, while the lower section includes an LCD display with a DOT-matrix readout to view all the other data. The display provides data on speed, rpm, the engaged gear, mileage, trip 1 and trip 2, engine coolant temperature, ambient temperature and the time. In addition, it shows current fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, average speed and journey time. The DOT-matrix readout permanently shows the chosen Riding Mode and the corresponding ABS and DTC levels set; it is possible to choose from 3 Riding Modes very easily whether stationary or on the move using the indicator button.
- Controls: The integral Ride-by-Wire system on the new Hypermotard 939 family includes a compact electronic throttle control, which combines perfectly with the minimalist design of the buttons. The Hypermotard 939 uses an innovative button featuring an exclusive ‘safety' function protecting the starter switch when the engine off button is pressed. The light-action clutch has traditional cable control, and the rear brake lever can be adjusted in 4 positions (5 positions for the SP model with a radial brake master cylinder). The die-cast aluminium foot pegs are painted black, have integrated heel guards, and support the brake and gear levers made from forged aluminium.
- 10-spoke sports alloy wheels: The new Hypermotard 939 and Hyperstrada 939 boast the latest cast-aluminium 10-spoke wheels, with a design inspired by those of the 1299 Panigale, a clear expression of Ducati's unmistakeable sporting spirit.
- Headlights and indicators: The headlight is extremely light and compact and uses a single "blue-vision" filament lamp for dipped and full-beam functions, while the directional indicators employ LEDs. The rear light employs a specially designed strip of LEDs enhanced by a high-diffusion lens shaped into the sleek lines of the tailpiece. It acts both as a rear light and as a brake light. The front directional indicators are harmoniously integrated into the handguards maintaining the sleek lines of the Hypermotard as a result. On the new Hypermotard models there is also a 4-way hazard light function which can be activated by holding the left indicator button down for four seconds.
- Power outlets: The Hyperstrada 939 has two 12 V power outlets, one on each side just below the rider's seat. They supply loads up to a total of 8 A (fused capacity), including heated riding gear, intercom, mobile battery charger and navigating instruments.
- Pirelli Scorpion Trail: The Hyperstrada 939's ability to tackle long distances is also shown in the choice of its tyres. As the "tourer" of the Hypermotard 939 family, the Hyperstrada 939 has Pirelli Scorpion Trail tyres as standard which guarantee excellent traction in all weather conditions and superb fuel efficiency. The front wheel takes a 120/70 x 17" tyre, while the rear has a 180/55 x 17" tyre.
- Type: New Testastretta 11°, L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 937 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 94 x 67.5 mm
- Compression ratio: 13.1:1
- Power: 83.1 kW (113 hp) @ 9000 rpm
- Torque: 97.9 Nm (72.2 lb-ft) @ 7500 rpm
- Fuel injection: Magneti Marelli electronic fuel injection system. Throttle bodies with full Ride by Wire system
- Exhaust: Single stainless steel muffler with catalytic converter and two lambda probes.
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.85:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=28/20 4=26/22 5=24/23 6=23/24
- Final drive: Chain, Front sprocket 15, Rear sprocket 43
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch mechanically operated
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Front suspension: 43mm usd forks
- Front wheel: 10-spoke in light alloy 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front Tyre: Pirelli Scorpion Trail, 120/70 ZR17
- Rear suspension: Progressive linkage with adjustable spring preload and rebound damping Sachs monoshock. Remote hydraulic spring preload adjustment. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear wheel: 10-spoke in light alloy 5.50 in. x 17 in.
- Rear tyre: Pirelli Scorpion Trail, 180/55 ZR17
- Front wheel travel: 130 mm (5.9 in.)
- Rear wheel travel: 130mm (5.9 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo monobloc callipers, 4-piston 2-pad, axial pump with adjustable lever, with Bosch ABS as standard
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper, ABS as standard
- Instrumentation: LCD display with Dot Matrix area
- Dry weight: 187 kg (412 lb.)
- Wet weight (KERB): 210 kg (463 lb.)
- Seat height: 810 mm (33.5 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,485 mm (58.5 in.)
- Rake: 25.5 deg.
- Trail: 104mm (4.1 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 16L - 4.2 gal. (US)
- Number of seats: Dual seat
- Standard Equipment: Riding Modes, Power Modes, Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + DTC), RbW. 50 l (13.2 gal) semi-rigid side panniers with incorporated supports, touring windshield, touring seat, passenger grab handle, centre stand, larger front and rear mudguards, engine sump guard,two 12 V power outlets. Ready for anti-theft system, heated grips, sat-nav.
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Maintenance service intervals: 15,000 km (9,000 mi)/12 months
- Valve clearance check: 30,000 km (18,000 mi)
- Standard: Euro 4
- Consumption: 5,2 l/100 km - CO2 = 123 g/km
- Engine Type
- New Testastretta 11°, L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic
- 937 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 94 x 67.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Magneti Marelli electronic fuel injection system. Throttle bodies with full Ride by Wire system
- Front Suspension
- 43mm usd forks
- Rear Suspension
- Progressive linkage with adjustable spring preload and rebound damping Sachs monoshock. Remote hydraulic spring preload adjustment. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo monobloc callipers, 4-piston 2-pad, axial pump with adjustable lever, with Bosch ABS as standard
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper, ABS as standard
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Scorpion Trail, 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Scorpion Trail, 180/55 ZR17
- 58.5 in. (1,485 mm)
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in. (810 mm)
- 25.5 deg.
- 4.1 in. (104mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.2 gal. (16L)
- Dry Weight
- 412 lb. (187 kg)
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain, Front sprocket 15, Rear sprocket 43
- 24 months unlimited mileage
*Advertised pricing excludes applicable taxes title and licensing, dealer set up, destination, reconditioning and are subject to change without notice. Pricing may exclude any added parts, accessories or installation unless otherwise noted. Sale prices include all applicable offers. Not all options listed available on pre-owned models. See Terms & Conditions for all details.